Unleashed Potential K9 Academy® Certified Professional Dog Trainer School
2022 Certification Week Registration is Open!
Are You Ready to Change Lives and Become a Certified Professional Dog Trainer?
Or...are you already a trainer and you want to take your skills to the next level?
Do you have a passion for working with people and dogs? I do!
Are you looking for more knowledge and skill as a trainer? Then, let me take you to higher levels of understanding canine behaviour and training. Let's have a blast along the way!!
Do you want to be the best you can be and provide excellent training services to your clients? Let's make that easy and take the struggle out of things for you!
Do you want some help getting your dog training business to the next level of achieving 6 to 7 figures? If you've answered yes to any of these questions, then you're in the right place!
I invite you to click the button below to apply for my Unleashed Potential K9 Academy® and Certified High-Performance Coaching program.
If selected for a discovery call, I will help you get clear on your goals and vision for the future and help you get an action plan in place that will accelerate your success and help make your dream a reality!
Unleashed Potential K9 Academy® Certified Professional Dog Trainers School
Unleashed Potential Certified Professional Dog Trainer Program: There are currently two certified professional dog trainer programs. Level 1 - Genesis - Professional Dog Trainer & Level 2 - Unleashed Potential® Professional Trainer & Coach Certification. They include the Dog Training Genesis pre-study video courses so you can start from home. Next, Online Zoom group coaching and then hands-on, in-person live training certification week with Duke. The in-person certification week with Duke is intensive and TONS of fun! Expect practical and written testing along the way and a final test.
If you are serious about the next steps, book a strategy session with Duke to see if you're the right fit. In addition, space is limited and fills up fast.
Unleashed Potential K9 Academy is a registered private training school under the Private Training Schools Act of the Province of Prince Edward Island.
Enrolment is Open
Next Certification Week on PEI With Duke is June 13th -18th, 2022
Although scheduled hours with the students is 9 am to 5 pm, training often continues into the evening with client's lessons, so students must be willing to be working earlier than 9 am and frequently later than 5 pm. Therefore, it is possible to see long hours such as 8 am to 9 pm on some days.
Summary (Overview) of What You'll Experience:
- The first day will be at my training facility, aka "the dog house," and we will review some NePoPo® theories. After that, you'll participate in hands-on training with other students. We will go deep into the positive training side and the other side of understanding external pressure, correction, and punishment. We will be using clickers, remote training collars, prong collars, and slip collars.
- You will train dogs daily at my facility and local parks and beaches. Obedience and enhancement with deep practice, custom behaviour shaping (fetch/retrieval work), nose work, swimming. You are encouraged to bring a dog along for training, but we will provide one for you if that isn't possible.
- Learn how we market, sell and run training and coaching programs to achieve great results with clients and dogs, how to enhance relationships, and become profitable doing what you love while still having freedom in your life.
- Includes (6 months) 12 LIVE bi-weekly Zoom video training and coaching sessions. You'll learn up-to-date business practices on how leading experts run their high-income businesses with automation tools. You'll learn how to run a low overhead, profitable business by attracting ideal clients. Learn about affiliate marketing other strategies for earning income by simply adding value.
- Students will attend one (1) group class and one (1) puppy class. You will see how we structure these classes.
- Students will attend and learn the flow of our private lessons. How we teach and how we coach.
- Watch our consultations, aka 'demos' and enrollment conversations.
- There will be a hands-on introduction to the basics of scent work and retrieval training (optional).
- Receive continued support and high-performance coaching.
What past student trainers would like to share:
- Work with board and trains.
- Hands-on experience conditioning and training dogs to the XDOG™ vest
- Sit in on my private Zoom coaching course called Unleashed Potential Experience UPX. Learn how I do group Zoom coaching
- Learn hands-on leash handling like a ninja
- Clicker training and use of verbal marks
- Experience and understand NePoPo® training - this is NOT a NePoPo® certification
- Understand what I call the 'Art of Attention' in dog training
- Understand drives in dogs and how to use them for training
- Hands-on working and socializing dogs in public places. Working street corners, lol! Yup! But it's not what you think!
- Teaching dogs to run on a treadmill
- Learn to trim dogs nails without a fight
- Learn socialization and how to read body language
- Learn the high-performance habits that the world's most successful business owners and CEOs use. Then, Unleash your full potential in life and business!
Certified High-Performance Coaching
Before or upon completion of the hands-on portion of training, there will be 12 certified high-performance group coaching sessions to help you enhance your business and all aspects of your life.
This training will help you can be consistent and successful over the long term—lots of accelerated learning and experience Atlantic Canada and what PEI offers.
Come and experience Atlantic Canadian sights, foods and culture.
Besides working with and helping people and dogs, we love to play and eat wherever we are and sometimes at the same time! "Oh, the life of a great Canadian dog trainer" EH!!
The season will determine what activities we have access to but here's a list of what you may take part in after hours:
- Hiking trails
- Boating, canoeing or kayaking
- Experience PEI beaches
- Corn boils
- Mackerel fishing
- Working dogs at community events and doing canine shows
- Touring around the PEI with dogs
- Duck hunting and working the gun dog
- Much more...
Unleashed Potential® Certified Professional Dog Trainer Program
We are currently taking applications for our next session of professional dog trainer school. You must apply first and if selected for a call we will reach out to you to schedule a call.
Fill out the questionnaire below, and we will review your application. Submitting does not mean you'll be accepted into our trainer's program or that you are guaranteed a one-on-one call. However, if we feel it's a good fit, you will receive an email with the next steps.
Unleashed Potential K9 Academy® and High-Performance Coaching is the most powerful and transformative combination and experience that I've ever offered in my business.
I have decided to make a significant commitment of time, effort and energy to the success of a small and very select number of people each year.
I look forward to the potential opportunity to be your trainer and coach.
ABDT, MT, NePoPo®
Enrolment is Open
Next Certification Week is June 13th -18th, 2022
What do you need to bring?
- You will need to bring an original document showing proof of health insurance if there is some unforeseen event.
- All students must sign and return a liability waiver.
- Please bring enough medical supplies or things you require because we cannot guarantee that you can find them here in PEI.
- Appropriate clothing. The summer months on PEI can be hot. However, we will sometimes work dogs in the rain if there is a group class. If it gets colder than you're used to, we can always provide warm clothes as we have lots packed away for the winter months.
- Sunscreen and bug spray in case of travel issues with packing; you can always get it here.
- We will need to know in advance if you bring a dog or need one provided. We can provide the crates. If you are taking a dog, you should bring a leash, collar, and food. Training gear can be purchased here if needed. If the dog has a special diet, you should get enough for the trip; it may not be accessible here.
While at Duke Ferguson’s Unleashed Potential K9 Academy, if there are any issues with the student's behaviour, Duke Ferguson reserves the right to terminate the program with any student at any time. If this should happen, the student will change travel plans and be driven to the airport.
Behaviours that would warrant termination are:
General disrespect, total neglect of the animals in student's care, vandalism, inability to follow instructions and theft.