Duke Ferguson's Certified Professional Dog Trainer School & Shadow Program
Unleashed Potential K9 Academy® is a registered private training school under the Private Training Schools Act of the Province of Prince Edward Island.
We are a government approved education provider!!
Do you have a passion for working with people and dogs? I Do!
Are you looking for more knowledge and skill as a trainer? Let me take you to higher levels of understanding canine behaviour and training. Let's have a blast along the way!!
Do you want to be the best you can be and provide excellent training service to your clients? Let's make that easy and take the struggle out of things for you!
Do you want some help getting your dog training business to the next level of achieving 6 to 7 figures? If you've answered yes to any of these questions then you're in the right place!
Are you looking at starting your dream job of becoming a professional dog trainer? If so, you're in the right place!
Are you a dog owner who needs help training your dog and wants to have an amazing experience and adventure in doing so?
Why not make it a mini vacation / intensive dog training time!!!
If you answered yes to any of my questions then you will be very happy you found this page! I invite you to click the button below to apply for my Unleashed Potential K9 Academy and Certified High-Performance Coaching program with "Me" Duke Ferguson. If you are selected for a call, I will help you get clear on your goals and vision for the future as well as help you get an action plan in place that will accelerate your success and help make your dream a reality!
Do you currently get paid doing what you love? Imagine not having to work a day in your life because you absolutely love what you do and you actually get paid to do it! Do you know what it's like to wake up excited to get to work to see what adventure comes your way every day? I do, and I can help you feel the same way!
I have spent the past 30 plus years of my life obsessively developing my knowledge and skill in working with people and their dogs as well as dog training techniques, program design, behaviour modification, and all aspects of animal behaviour specializing in canines as well as business management, marketing and coaching.
I went from running a dog training business out of the back of my truck in a small town with a low population to successfully growing into an international dog training company with quality, like-minded, successful trainers and coaches who care. I now serve clients worldwide and get paid well for doing what I love to do and now I am going to teach you.
Duke Ferguson's Trainer / Shadow School Info
We have several options available to suit your needs:
Unleashed Potential Shadow Intensive: One intensive work week and 3 months of weekly coaching.
Two short written tests. Unleashed Potential Shadow students are also evaluated as prospects to be eligible to become Certified as a Professional Dog Trainer.
Unleashed Potential Certified Professional Dog Trainer Program: There are currently 2 certified professional dog trainer programs to choose from that include selected Dog Training Genesis pre-study video programs so you can start from home, online classes and group coaching and then hands-on in-person live training intensives with Duke and or in pre-designated locations. The training times with Duke are intensive work weeks and TONS of fun! Expect practical and written testing along the way and a large final test. 90% is a pass.
All those serious about learning are encouraged to book a strategy session with Duke because not just anyone is accepted into these programs.
Those who do not pass will get a Certificate of Attendance.
Those who are serious about the next steps and are interested can fill out an application questionnaire and schedule a call with Duke Ferguson to discuss more information.
The in-person training times are most often 9 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday. There will be lunch breaks and other breaks throughout the day. Times are average and can change.
Although scheduled hours with the students is 9 am to 5 pm, training often continues into the evening with client's lessons so students must be prepared to be working earlier than 9 am and often later than 5 pm. It is possible to see long hours such as 8 am to 9 pm on some days.
- The first day will be spent at my training facility aka "the dog house" and we will review some NePoPo® theory. You'll participate in hands-on training with other students. We will go deep into the positive training side as well as the other side of understanding external pressure, correction, and punishment. We will be using clickers, remote training collars, prong collars, and slip leads.
- You will train dogs daily at my facility and at local parks and beaches. Obedience and enhancement with deep practice, custom behaviour shaping (fetch/retrieval work) nose work, swimming. You are encouraged to bring a dog along for training but if that isn't possible we will provide one for you.
- Learn how we run programs to enhance relationships, achieve great results with clients and dogs, and become profitable doing what you love while still having freedom in your life.
- Includes 3 months of live weekly video training via Zoom. You'll learn up-to-date business practices on how leading experts are running their high-income businesses with automation tools. You'll learn how to run a low overhead, profitable business by attracting ideal clients. Learn about affiliate marketing other strategies for earning income by simply adding value.
- There will be two small tests so we can measure what you are absorbing.
- Students will attend one (1) group class and one (1) puppy management group class. You will see how we structure these classes for success.
- Students will attend and learn the flow of our private lessons.
- Attend our free consultations aka demos and enrollment conversations.
- Introduction to the basics of scent work and retrieval training.
- Constant support and conversations on topics of your interest.
Summary of What You'll Experience:
- Work with board and trains
- Hands-on experience conditioning and training dogs to the XDog™ vest
- Sit in on my private training lessons look over my shoulder and see how I do things or teach a private lesson
- Participate in group classes
- Experience the Unleashed Potential puppy management program and work with clients and their puppies
- Learn hands-on leash handling like a ninja
- Clicker training and use of verbal marks
- Hands-on, in-depth e-collar training
- Learn how to run a high-income business with joy and still maintain your freedom
- Experience and understand NePoPo® training
- Understand and master what we call the 'Art of Attention' in dog training
- Understand drives in dogs and how to use them for training
- Hands-on working and socializing dogs in public places- including highly distractive environments
- Working street corners lol! Yup! but it's not what you think!
- Teaching dogs to swim
- Teaching dogs to run on a treadmill
- Learn to trim dogs nails without a fight
- Learn to read body language and do pack socialization
- Experience how I do public and community events
- Learn very important habits that the world's most successful business owners and CEOs use to increase your performance in life and business and get you to achieve your goals and dreams
- Much more...
Upon completion of the hands-on portion of training, there will be 12 weeks of certified high-performance coaching to help you enhance your business and all aspects of your life so you can be consistent and successful over the long term above standard normal. Lots of accelerated learning, as well as experiencing what Atlantic Canada or where ever we will be located has to offer.
Depending on the training program you enroll in, I have implemented some amazing opportunities for you to experience, learn and grow!
From great Atlantic Canadian sights, foods and culture OR whatever awesome things the location we are it provides.
Besides working with and helping people and dogs we love to play and eat where ever we are and sometimes at the same time! "Oh the life of a great Canadian dog trainer" EH!! ... 🙂
The season will determine what activities we have access to but here's a list of what you may take part in after hours:
- Hiking trails
- Boating, canoeing, kayaking
- Experience PEI Beaches
- "Surf and turf" Atlantic lobster and seafood and steak dinners
- Corn boils
- Mackerel Fishing
- Working dogs at community events and doing canine shows
- Touring around the PEI with dogs
- Duck hunting and working the gun dog
- MUCH MORE.......
Shadow students earn a Certificate of Attendance showing hands-on hours.
Certified Professional Dog Trainer Students will earn 2 professional certifications. One Professional Dog Trainer Certification and One Professional E-Collar Certification. When we look at adding trainers and coaches to the team students get first priority and notice to apply to become Certified Unleashed Potential Dog Trainer & Coach
All students should stay at a nearby hotel, cottage/house, resort, or bed and breakfast depending on the time of year, the program enrolled in and the location we will be at.
Extra things such as shopping, massages or spa time, random nights out on the town on your own, room service are not included in the tuition.
Students will often be eating with Duke, friends and family where we can have further discussions about training, business and just about anything so the days are much longer than just work hours.
Monday through Friday we will almost always eat lunch together. Lunch is provided and included in the tuition.
If you can't bring a dog we will have dogs and people for you to work with. The same applies where ever we will be training.
A. Shadow Intensive 6 days, in-person and 3 months of weekly coaching
Enrolment OPEN for SHADOW INTENSIVE!
Apply now so we can determine if are the best fit for you
B. Unleashed Potential Certified Professional Dog Trainer Program
Join the Waitlist
There are currently 2 options for this Professional dog trainer school. You must apply first and if selected for a call we will reach out to you to schedule a call.
The year-long certified professional dog training school has a continuing enrolment and is not limited to a start and stop date, but spots are limited and fill fast.
Submit your information below, and we'll review your application. Submitting does not mean you'll be accepted into our trainer's program or that you are guaranteed a one-on-one call. If I feel it's a good fit you will receive an email with the next steps to take.
Unleashed Potential K9 Academy and High-performance Coaching is the most powerful and transformative experience that I've ever offered in my business. I have decided to make a significant commitment of time, effort and energy to the success of a small, and very select, number of people each year.
I look forward to the potential opportunity to be in a professional dog training (and mentoring) relationship with you.
If payment can not be made in full there is a payment schedule that can be utilized.
Payments can be made in 3 equal parts. simply take the total and divide by 3 to get the payments.
1st payment is due within 2 weeks of scheduling or expressing interest to the school. If there is no payment within this time the spot will not be held and be given to someone else.
2nd payment will be paid one month before the scheduled start of training.
3rd payment The balance is due within three days of the start of school.
Payments can be made earlier and more frequently if desired.
After the 1st deposit you have 30 days to receive a full refund.
After 30 days until 31 days before training only 1/2 of the deposit will be refunded.
Cancelling 30 days before training starts there will be NO refund.
What do you need to bring?
- You will need to bring an original document showing proof of health insurance in case there is some unforeseen event.
- All students must sign and return a liability waiver.
- Please bring enough medical supplies or things that you require because we cannot guarantee that you can find them here in PEI.
- Appropriate clothing. In the summer months on PEI, it can be very nice weather however we will work dogs in the rain sometimes if there is a group class. If it gets colder than you're used to we can always provide warm clothes as we have lots packed away for the winter months. If you like to swim there may be an opportunity to do so.
- Sunscreen and bug spray…. in case of travel issues with packing you can always get it here.
- We will need to know in advance if you are bringing a dog or if you need one provided. We can provide the crates. If you are bringing a dog you should at least bring a leash, collar and food. Any training gear you need can be purchased here. If the dog has a special diet then you should bring enough for the trip…it may not be accessible here.
While at Duke Ferguson’s Unleashed Potential K9 Academy, if there are any issues with the student's behaviour, Duke Ferguson reserves the right to terminate the program with any student at any time. If this should happen, the student will change travel plans and be driven to the airport.
Behaviours that would warrant termination are:
General disrespect, total neglect of the animals in student's care, vandalism, inability to follow instructions and theft.