XDOG™ Vest: How to Teach Your Dog to Swim
If you’ve ever wanted to teach your dog to swim from the shore then this video is for you! Find out just how easy it can be to teach your dog how to swim. This video: XDOG vest: how to teach your dog to swim will show you how to make the experience of swimming for the first time very enjoyable for both you and your dog.
If you enjoyed this video, please Subscribe to our YouTube channel (P.S. Click the bell icon to get notifications when we post a new video).
Get Your XDOG™ vest here Save 10% with coupon code: UPK910X
I’m trying the XDOG™ vest for the very first time in the water with a young german shepherd I had in for training. Eventually, I’ll stop using the XDOG™ vest and have her swimming on her own because I like to have them versatile in all aspects, but I’m interested to see what happens with this.
I want to create success. So I let the dog go out into the water on her own. I usually let them climatize to it but sometimes I just bring them out if the conditions are right.
And I use a long line because I want them to be able to go back to the shore, stop them there and let them think about it.
I want her to go in a specific direction. So I circle around and I create that success. And then she learns no matter what, she’ll come out.
After several sessions, the dog is swimming from shore. It really helps to be in the water with your dog during the beginning phases of teaching your dog to swim.
XDOG Vest: How to Teach Your Dog to Swim
- Choose a day that is warm, not too windy and ideally the water is at a comfortable temperature for you and your dog. The nicer the weather, the more your dog will enjoy the experience.
- Make sure to use leash guidance. It clearly communicates where you want your dog to go and it also prevents the dog from leaving the water and the situation.
- Make sure your dog understands how to respond to leash pressure. Have some foundational leash training in place before attempting to teach your dog to swim.
- Don’t rush the process. This can take some time but it will be worth it in the end. Swimming is such great exercise for dogs and it’s a great way for them to cool down during the summer months.
- The XDOG™ is a very versatile vest. It’s not only for swimming, but you can use it for a lot of fitness and overall wellness with a dog. You can add weights and even attach a parachute to it!
Want an XDOG™ vest for your dog? visit our online store: Unleashed Potential Shop
You can also order direct from XDOG™ be sure to use the coupon code: UPK910X to receive 10% off your order!
Would you like FREE puppy training or dog training advice? OR to just learn more about Duke’s philosophy on dog training?
FREE TRAINING: mini-video series: GET ACCESS HERE
This mini-series is not found on YouTube. Get Access Now You will love it!
Contact us HERE